I am a firm believer in having the right tools on hand whenever you begin a new business, goal, job, even fitness routine. To me, having the necessities makes a big difference than just trying to wing it.
I don’t think you need to have EVERYTHING, but I do think that there are some things that are non negotiable when it comes to your fitness and health.
My kids play sports. Baseball and swim, respectively.
For Sean, he needs a helmet, a glove, a bat, a cup, cleats, a bucket of balls and a tee to hit off of in between games and practices. He doesn’t NEED a fancy membership to the batting cages, but we do invest in that as well to help him. Getting him to the tools necessary to play means we had to invest. It didn’t come free. But, because we want him to grow as a player and practice and learn, making sure he had the right tools was important.
For Madi, her swim club requires fins, a few practice swimsuits, kickboard, meet swimsuit and swim cap, several goggles and practice swimcaps. Again, we make sure she has what she needs to set her up for success. It requires investment on our part. Madi having the right equipment means she is able to practice efficiently and grow. It doesn’t mean she will be the best swimmer. But it does mean she is prepared for success.
For those of you with kids who play sports….do you just expect your kids to wing it or play their sport without the right tools?
So why do you think you can wing it with your health and fitness goals without the right tools to set you up to succeed? Because it will cost you money?! Of course it will!
But I promise, it will cost less than what you pay for your kid’s sport gear (I promise!!!!)
You want to set yourself up for success in your health and fitness journey? Here is what you will need:
1. A fitness program with a calendar you can easily follow along with. All the workouts are created for you. You don’t have to spend anytime figuring out yourself (unless you like having a whole bunch of options to choose from, then I recommend BOD) and all you have to do is push play. Follow the calendar! That’s it! Success number 1!
2. A nutrition guide that is included WITH your fitness program. Yes. You can know exactly what to eat. Each program has a nutrition guide that was specifically created with that program. To be real with you, in the beginning, I followed those nutrition guides to a T. They helped me a lot. Now, several years into my journey, I know what foods work best for my body and what helps me get results. But those of you who are just starting, give yourself another win and follow the nutrition guide. Stop saying it is not realistic. YES IT IS.
3. Shakeology. Yes. I said it. It is necessary. You want to know the biggest reason I hear from fellow moms about why they can’t eat healthier or meal plan? Because they lack time to cook. I understand. So give yourself win #3, and drink Shakeology one meal a day to help fill in the gaps (even when you are eating healthy), fuel your body with nutrients designed to give you optimal nutrition, is clinically proven to help you lose weight, maintain healthy blood sugar levels, give you more energy without those crazy energy drinks or fat burners. Quit calling it a protein shake. It is not a protein shake. It is optimal nutrition.
4. Get in a community of people who are doing this with you so you won’t be alone. Fitness is more fun when we do it together, let’s be honest. And guess what, after you have the right tools, groups like mine and others are FREE! Yay! In these groups, you make new friendships, discover new foods and recipes to the. We celebrate our victories, both scale and non-scale and so much more. The fit life is fun once we get over the initial hurdle. We just feel so much better and we want everyone to do this with us.
5. Have a coach like me in your corner. I have been doing this for seven years, six years as a coach. I have been where you have been. I have had similar struggles. My kids were 4 and 1 when I began. I hardly had any time. Sanity was a dream. I just wanted to have energy and feel normal and not look like I was still pregnant. Cooking healthy meals? Had no clue at first what that looked like. We had no money. How was I going to afford an investment like that. It seemed so selfish at first. But I was willing to take a chance on myself. I am so glad I did.
I feel better at 35 than I did at 25.
Now, it is your turn. Trust me when I say that all that I have listed above will cost you LESS than what you have had to pay for your kids sports and activities.
Get the right tools. They matter. Set yourself up for success and don’t wing it.
Be a Size You,