I hope you all had a magical Christmas with your loved ones! We sure did.
After Christmas, I love spending the next day just reflecting and relaxing and dreaming, especially since the New Year is literally around the corner.
Do you create resolutions or goals for the New Year? I typically don’t call mine resolutions, but I do spend time dreaming and planning on how I would like 2018 to go.
2017 had its highs and lows. This past year was pretty hard and we had plenty of transitions, so I am ready for a fresh start.
Here are a few things I am looking forward to next year:
1. More Family Time/Less Time with the phone: This is a struggle as a woman who has a home based business, but I am planning out ways to engage and be present more with my family and less tied to my phone. I need my phone for my business…..but my kids and husband need me more. I want to be around them more. I want to experience more adventures together. I want to capture more memories together. I want to laugh more. Serve with them more. Snuggle more.
2. Declutter/get rid of what no longer serves our home, family, goals. January is a big time for decluttering. I want a fresh slate, so that means going through the things that I have been clinging to, but I really should have let go of a long time ago. That can be anything: clothes, items, mentality, ideas, fear, relationships. Only you can determine what no longer serves you. Maybe it may mean letting go of the good to make room for something great.
3. Add more health related routines: I am already a big fan of working out and eating healthy. I want to find ways to help my family stay healthier even more. More hiking. More water daily as opposed to drinking sugary coffee.
4. Clean up my home and beauty routine without natural products. I have so far worked to clean up my hair routine with a more nature based, anti aging hair care line. I also want to add less toxic cleaning products for my home and even less toxic beauty products. This process will take awhile, as it can get very expensive very quickly. So over time I will be sharing what I have been swapping out and replacing in my home and my beauty routine. Excited to try new products and find new things to love and use on a regular basis.
5. Lead a Bible Study. I am really excited about this one. It has been on my heart for a really long time to lead a bible study. I felt the call to minister and encourage women in God’s word and in life early on in my walk with Jesus. It will only get stronger. So I am excited to take the leap and lead something for my local community and for women, and even serve more in the local church.
6. Focus on having set business hours. I love working and I love my job. But, I tend to get wrapped up in working and not have a closing time. That will need to happen, as I want to spend more time with my family and spend less time on my phone. So having set business hours for my new Business will be a must.
And that is what I have for now!
Would love to hear what some of your goals and dreams are for 2018!