Just a disclaimer. I am not a food blogger. When I make meals or snacks, I practically scarf them down because I am that impatient when it comes to food. So I apologize in advance that I don’t have beautiful photos of my food.
You will have to settle for my obnoxious selfie instead.
Again, I apologize.
But I wanted to share with you a recipe that I made this last week that was so good, my husband demanded that I make them each week for a snack he could grab and go. It is also kid approved which means for all of you mamas out there who are struggling to find a new healthy snack to pack with your kids lunch, you can try this!
I adapted my recipe from Michelle Myers. I used slightly different ingredients, but they are still incredibly nutritious and a perfect snack for you and for your family. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
1 cup Quick Oats
1 Cup Real Organic Peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
1/2 cup of real honey
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Shakeology for a superfood boost)
2 TBSP Chia Seeds
1/2 cup raw organic Cacao Nibs
- Add the quick oats, shredded coconut, protein powder & chia seeds into a large mixing bowl
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add nut butter and honey. Stir until well mixed.
- Add nut butter mixture into dry ingredients and use a spatula to blend ingredients together until they form a cookie dough texture.
- Sprinkle in cacao nibs until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Roll into balls. Wet your hands with water before rolling to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Store then in the refrigerator in an air-tight container to avoid them from drying out.
These won’t last long in your house. Mine lasted a few days. Actually, barely that. In all honesty, you should double your recipe and practice some portion control when it comes to these. They are that good!
Let me know what you think! I would love to see your photos of you making your own protein bites! Do your kids love them?
Be a Size You,